To become a member of Sported you must fulfil all five of the criteria below:
- Your organisation must deliver Sport for Development activities or is planning to start to
- Your organisation is interested in Sport for Development activities
- Your organisation works for young people aged 11 – 25 or is planning to start to
- Your organisation uses sport/physical activity
- Your project takes place within a disadvantaged community
If you feel that you meet the criteria above then you can now select the correct type of membership to apply for, depending on what type of organisation you are. If you cannot see anything that applies to you on here, please get in touch with us and we will advise you: 020 3848 4670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE A:
* Local or regional charity/organisation – you will need to:
• Be locally managed and locally constituted
• Address local need and manage your own funds
• Simply pay an affiliation fee, not follow a national strategy or receive development support from your umbrella organisation.
** Small national charity/organisation – you will need to:
• Work in 4 counties or less and be able to identify a lead region where you will be based.
*** Community Interest Company limited by guarantee with 3 or more directors, you must be:
• A private company limited by guarantee with a minimum of three directors, a majority of which must:
• be unpaid; and
• not be related to or otherwise personally connected with any other director or member of the CIC. CIC’s must supply their Articles of Association to the Member Services Coordinator prior to their eligibility phone call.
**** Parish Councils – you must be able to demonstrate that they are involved in the delivery of sport for development activities.
***** Community Sports Trust/Foundation – connected to clubs that are part time/semi-professional.
Steps to becoming a member
We have made the application process as simple as possible.
What are the benefits of membership?
Membership of Sported is free!