Sported exists to ensure that organisations providing Sport for Development can continue to grow and develop. It means that you can get on and do what you do best – change more young lives through sport.
When you become a member of Sported you will get access to a range of services which are designed to suit your individual needs. Some of the areas that your organisation may benefit from include:
Advice from our skilled volunteers
- 1:1 mentor support to develop longer term plans (premium members only)
- “Light Touch” support – ask a volunteer about a very specific issue and get support over phone, email, skype or in person in a short period of time when you need it
Funding resources and support, including:
- Receive our monthly regional funding bulletins
- Online bespoke funding service
- Support from Sported volunteers to complete funding applications and/or to create a fundraising strategy
- Opportunities to access external funding via Sported
- Fundraising workshops and online learning
- FREE membership of Localgiving
Access to the online Member area including:
- Connect with members all over the UK through our online forum and take part in Live Q&As with Sported volunteers
- A range of online resources around areas such as governance, business planning, fundraising, marketing etc.
- Bitesize videos with handy tips
- Ability to take advantage of deals with Sported partners such as Sainsbury’s Active Kids, RunAClub, Aviva Community Fund
- Insurance and Legal Services (provided by external partners)
Impact measurement – prove sport works, including:
- Dedicated online Impact section with downloadable resources
- Monitoring & Evaluation support from Sported volunteers
- Workshops (in person and virtual)
- Regular newsletter with news from Sported, the sports sector and from your local region
- The opportunity to take part in projects with Sported partners (we currently have members on projects with Britvic, Deutsche Bank, the Tennis Foundation and Sport England)
- Regional networking events
- A member of staff at the end of the phone during office hours for support
Steps to becoming a member
We have made the application process as simple as possible.
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully.