Here’s how Sported is having an impact:
- We are changing the lives of disadvantaged young people
Our members work in some of the UK’s most disadvantaged communities, allowing us to reach, engage and change the lives of the most marginalised, hard-to-reach and under-served young people in the UK
- We are improving the sustainability of community sport clubs
For every £1 we give to our members, on average they are able to raise a further £3 in external funding, all thanks to our unique range of business support and capacity-enhancing member services.
- We are professionalising the community sports sector
Our network of volunteer business mentors transfer valuable business skills and know-how to our members, giving them the professional expertise they need to create sustainable, efficient and effective organisations.
- We are creating exciting new sporting opportunities
Our grant programme, backed up by our rigorous processes and locally managed delivery teams, has resulted in hundreds of new Sport for Development programmes being launched. Helping to break down barriers to participation for some of the most marginalised groups.
- We are proving that Sport for Development works
Sportworks, our pioneering impact measurement tool for the Sport for Development sector, is helping community sport clubs around the UK evidence the impact of their work, providing the much needed business case for further investment and support.
- We are giving the Sport for Development sector a voice
With a membership of over 3,000 community sport groups all delivering Sport for Development, Sported is uniquely placed to represent the views of grassroots sports.
- We are fostering collaboration and the sharing of Best Practice
The sheer scale and diversity of Sported’s network offers huge potential for collaboration between members and the identification and sharing of best practice in Sport for Development.