To become a member of Sported you must fulfil all of the criteria below:
- Your organisation delivers sport or physical activity for social outcomes (Sport for Development) or is aiming to do this
- Your organisation is interested in Sport for Development activities
- Your organisation works with young people aged 11 – 25 facing disadvantage/marginalisation in their community
If you feel that you meet the criteria above, PLEASE CLICK ON YOUR CHOSEN MEMBERSHIP BELOW to be taken to the application form. If you cannot see anything that applies to you on here, please get in touch with us and we will advise you: 020 3848 4670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure about your governance structure or would like some more guidance? Here a couple of resources that could help:
For Northern Ireland: http://www.nicva.org/resource/legal-structures-voluntary-and-community-groups
Once a Sported member, you can access a variety of different support options around governance.
Once you have submitted your application form, you will be contacted by our member services co-ordinator (for Standard/Premium) or your Regional Manager (for Associate) to talk through your application, confirm your eligibility, and discuss ways in which we can support your organisation.
WE ARE A:
* Local or regional charity/organisation – you will need to:
• Be locally managed and locally constituted
• Address local need and manage your own funds
• Simply pay an affiliation fee, not follow a national strategy or receive development support from your umbrella organisation.
** Small national charity/organisation – you will need to:
• Work in 4 counties or less and be able to identify a lead region where you will be based.
*** Community Interest Company limited by guarantee with 3 or more directors, you must be:
• A private company limited by guarantee with a minimum of three directors, a majority of which must:
• be unpaid; and
• not be related to or otherwise personally connected with any other director or member of the CIC. CIC’s must supply their Articles of Association to the Member Services Coordinator prior to their eligibility phone call.
**** Parish Councils – you must be able to demonstrate that they are involved in the delivery of sport for development activities.
***** Community Sports Trust/Foundation – connected to clubs that are part time/semi-professional.