Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 20th March 2019
Are you passionate about using sport to transform the lives of young people and build stronger, safer communities? Sported is looking to expand the diversity and experience of its Board and is seeking a new Trustee to support the charity’s work.
Sported is one of the leading Sport for Development charities in the UK, dedicated to helping community groups survive, to help young people thrive.
The charity supports a membership network of nearly 3,000 community sport and youth groups across the UK, all united in using the power of sport to transform the lives of young people and build stronger, safer communities.
The majority of Sported’s members are run on shoestring budgets, relying on the kindness and hard-work of a handful of dedicated staff and volunteers. Sported helps these inspirational community leaders by providing much needed professional expertise, resources and volunteer support to build their long-term sustainability.
We are seeking a new Trustee with strong commercial acumen and ideally regional connections. They will join our passionate Board and share responsibility for the strategic direction, financial governance and community representation of the charity.
Desired areas of expertise and experience include:
• Senior level corporate relationships with a good network of contacts
• Passionate about using sport for social change, if possible with some understanding of local sports delivery
• Previous Trustee or fundraising experience useful, but not essential
Terms and Commitment:
• Location: Board meetings are held in London.
• Hours: The Board meets quarterly. Trustees are expected to attend the meetings in person or on occasion via telephone conference, and assist with relevant matters between meetings (c. half-a-day per month).
• Remuneration: Trustees are not remunerated, but reasonable expenses are paid.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents to Nicola Walker, the Head of the Nominations Committee, at email@example.com
• Covering letter explaining your motivations, relevant experience and contact networks.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 20th March 2019.