To mark Volunteers’ Week, it gives us great pleasure to announce that the following Sported volunteers have been selected as the Regional, National and Volunteer Services winners for the Vanessa Brown Volunteer Awards 2019 (VBVAs).
• Richard Derrick (East of England)
• Maggie Pankhurst (East Midlands)
• Claire Wright (London)
• Colin Mitchell (North East)
• Tony Barclay (Northern Ireland)
• Sarah West (North West)
• Neil Rutherford (Scotland)
• Barry Weal (South East)
• Steve Penson (South West)
• Susan Challenger (Wales)
• Graham Morgan (West Midlands)
• Dr Rachel Quirk (Yorkshire and Humber)
• Chaturvedi (Volunteer Services –Light Touch)
• Phil Braden (Posthumous Award in recognition of his service to Sported and our members in Wales.)
Sported’s annual VBVAs celebrates the outstanding contribution of our volunteers to building the capacity and sustainability of our member groups. The winners from across the UK have been nominated by their respective Sported Regional and National Managers and the Volunteer Services team.
The awards celebrate the life of Vanessa Brown – a much loved Sported staff member and friend – who sadly passed away in 2014. The overall winners of the VBVAs will be announced later this year.
Sandra Hillyard, Volunteer Services Manager at Sported, said: “It’s fantastic that during Volunteers’ Week we celebrate the massive contribution Sported’s own volunteers make to community sport and wider society. Congratulation to all this year’s winners, truly well deserved!”