“If you can genuinely commit to volunteering as part of your social responsibility, then why not.”
Skills-based volunteering for companies
Most companies offer volunteering days to their employees, but few arm them with the skills needed to maximise these.
At Sported, we understand how beneficial (and hard to access) professional skills can be to our groups, but how little regarded they can be by those who have them. We want to give employees the confidence to really make a difference to their communities through a corporate package which enables companies to:
Our Corporate Volunteering Programme aims to make the lives of HR Directors easier by providing an off the shelf package promoting skills-based volunteering. And we can adapt this for different sized organisations or those wanting to engage in different ways.
“Charities such as Sported are critical to the sustainment of the love of sport in general, and they need support from professional volunteers to keep on enabling communities.”
Olympic, World and Commonwealth Champion
As a skills-based volunteer, you’ll be working directly with our groups, helping to support your local community.
The benefits of joining the programme:
- Your employees benefit from our ‘Step-up to Volunteering’ upskilling & development programme.
- We provide face-to-face and online training sessions, including access to resources, webinars and newsletters.
- We offer face to face and remote opportunities to suit employee needs.
- We generate a programme of marketing activity to enable you to recognise employees’ achievements and provide content for your own communication channels.
- We will include you in Sported’s marketing/ PR/ Website.
- Your employees will gain entry into Sported’s annual volunteer event.
As a direct result of the support of our skilled volunteer mentors, our groups have collectively gone on to secure millions of pounds of external funding. They have created life-enhancing opportunities for thousands of young people from some of the UK’s most disadvantaged communities.