As a Sported member, you get us in your team
groups across the UK part of the Sported network
Grassroots sport sits at the heart of our communities.
Sported is here to help local groups unleash its power to transform the lives of young people – and to back the local heroes who make it happen.
We deliver support and resources that will help your group, club or organisation thrive – as well as offering a range of programmes that provide funding and specific help to do and achieve more.
We understand how sport and physical activity can have a positive impact that shapes lives.
As part of your team, Sported will work with you to reach your goals – and level the playing field.
“The biggest impact and probably best thing that has ever happened for my organisation was joining the Sported network”
– Sported Member
• Directly delivery regular sport/physical activity to young people aged 11 – 25
• Are committed to Sport for Development outcomes over competition/participation in a specific sport
• Intentionally use sport / physical activity to improve the lives of young people OR need support to start doing this
• Are a non-profit organisation OR were formed for the purpose of advancing social purpose over and above private gain
Then you may be eligible to be a Sported member.
• For religious organisations or those operating in a religious building, groups will not be eligible if their activity is used to promote the religious beliefs of the organisation
• If you are part of a larger membership body (eg Mind/Mencap etc) you need to be constituted separately to become a member. If you are not, please contact us to discuss options
The following groups are not eligble to become a Sported member:
• Schools, further or higher education establishments
• Uniformed organisations such as Guides/Scouts/Girls and Boys Brigades/Sea Cadets
• Groups that only deliver in school settings and are paid by schools as part of their statutory provision
• Groups that only deliver during school holidays
As a Sported member, you'll receive FREE support including...
For Football Clubs
If you’re a football club and looking to access the Barclays Community Football Fund, you don’t need to become a Sported member.
“Having been operating in the London Borough of Barnet for over 30 years much of the support and training provided by Sported has been an integral part of our infrastructure and was fundamental in the club surviving the challenges created by the pandemic.”
– Sported Member