What we do
We provide professional expertise, resources and operational support to community groups.
are led entirely by volunteers
have an annual income
of less than £10k
are located in the 30% most deprived areas of the UK
(Data accurate as of December 2022)
We are here to help them to address these challenges through the provision of services and projects that build the skills and confidence of the group leaders and strengthen their organisation for the future.
Why we do it
Not all young people have the same start in life and we know that community sport and physical activity can help them overcome barriers and fulfil their potential.
How we do it
We empower communities by supporting the groups deeply rooted within them.
- We work with grassroots groups often not supported by other agencies and our groups are based in communities across all of the UK.
- Our groups work with young people who are typically “hard to reach”.
- Our Sport England supported project increases physical activity for inactive
- We work with expert partners to collaborate on projects to help create equity
- Our groups work with young people in under-represented groups.
- Project 51 focused on supporting community groups to attract more young females to close the gender gap.
- We provide services and projects to build skills and confidence in local group leaders.
- Our groups provide opportunities that empower young people.
- Our partnership with Nike offers a package of tailored support, mentoring and personal development opportunities for young BAME leaders, to help develop and launch their own Sport for Change project.
"Without the help of Sported and Ravi we would have struggled to deliver this project and lots of people would not be able to access this opportunity."
– Sported member
Our UK-wide services and benefits
We offer a range of services and benefits, designed to address the different needs that our groups may have.
The most popular are:
"Our mentor from Sported helped us to navigate our ideas, giving us the support we needed to push the boundaries of our organisation."
– Sported member
Where we are
We are the largest network of community sport groups in the UK and pride ourselves on our personal touch and local knowledge.
Read about the work we are doing in each of the nations.
Partners and Projects
Sported’s partnerships and projects are essential to enable us to support our network. We are very proud to work in partnership with fantastic organisations and funders and are always looking to have new conversations and explore ideas for future projects.